Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The beginning and my referral

Over five years ago, after much prayer and talking to friends, I decided to adopt a baby from China.  Being single and loving kids, this seemed like a good option to fulfill my motherhood longings and help a needy child.  After looking at various adoption agencies, I chose to go with Great Wall China Adoptions.  I was told it would take about 7 months once the paperwork was turned in to China (LID- Log In Date.)

Due to many circumstances, that wait went from 7 months to just over 5 years!  Although I was discouraged many times over the years, it never seemed time to call it quits and drop out.  I definitely learned that God's timing is not our timing, but His timing is always perfect.  Thanks to many prayers and encouragement from friends and family, I am now about to see my dream fulfilled and be united with my daughter!

Today I received an email with my referral!  It contained three pictures of my new daughter and some basic information.  Her Chinese name is Xiao Juan, which means little beauty, and she was born on December 17, 2010!  I was in the middle of dialing one of my closest friends, Leslie, when I saw the email.  Not surprisingly, I was hysterical when Leslie answered the phone!

The baby's American name will be Kira Sunny Song.  Kira has several wonderful meanings in different languages, including beloved (Russian), lady (Greek), and sun or farsighted (Persian).  The Sunny comes from her grandmother, my mom, who passed away in 2001.   Kira Sunny Song is God's precious gift, and I am very thankful to God for answered prayers, and to my friends and family for being with me and supporting me through this process.
             

1 comment:

  1. Miss you guys already hope this time goes faster then it is going to be i just cant wait to see little baby Kira!

    Love,
    Tani

    ReplyDelete